Part II: MORE Simple Ways To Create A Positive Work Environment
There are so many ways to ensure that your business has a positive work environment. So many in fact, we had to share some more with you! A positive work environment is made up of many components, and each one is equally important. Continue reading to learn how to implement more techniques for a positive work environment!
More Positive Work Environment Techniques
- It’s The Little Things – Consider offering a “work from home” day once or twice a month if possible. You could also consider adding on a few extra days of vacation, or a policy that allows employees to take off work on their birthday.
- Don’t Be A Stickler – You can be strict, but only where necessary. There are instances in which employees really appreciate your empathy and cooperation, such as in an unexpected event or a crisis. Find the balance between being a good boss and a good person while simultaneously not being taken advantage of.
- Get Together Outside Of The Office – Try a Mexican fiesta, bowling, happy hour, or perhaps an annual summer get together with employees and their immediate families on the invite list.
- Encourage Workplace Wellness – Workplace wellness is very important, so try individual, team, or step challenges or “biggest loser” competitions to put a fun twist on being healthy. Some businesses foot the bill for post work group exercise classes at nearby fitness facilities. This not only encourages health and wellness but bonding too!
Maintaining The Energy
- Positive Values – A positive value statement outlines your company’s priorities when it comes to attitudes. This sets an example for employees to also have positive values and be kind to one another.
- Prioritize Training – When employees are trained well, they work well. New employees never like feeling like they are drowning or can’t keep up, so make sure your training process is an excellent one. This not only makes the new employee feel better, but it benefits you in the long run as well.
- Conduct Regular Check-Ins – Check in with your employees to make sure everything is okay if they think anything could be adjusted, or just to have a conversation. Check-ins make employees feel included, happy and boost workplace productivity.
- Create A Safe Environment – Make sure your employees are safe by implementing policies that protect against bullying, sexual harassment, or discrimination. Additionally, make sure your employees feel safe to report any issue they are having that violates these policies.
Do You Think You Have What It Takes?
If you think you can successfully and creatively create a positive work environment, consider becoming a franchisee with Physical Therapy Now. We pride ourselves in making sure our employees feel respected and valued in all of our locations across the country. If you are interested in investing with Physical Therapy Now, visit our website or call us at (800) 481-4582.