Part I: Simple Ways To Create A Positive Work Environment
One of the most important components to having a successful businesses is maintaining a positive work environment. It’s important that employees feel valued, respected, and safe because this affects their mental attitude and their willingness to work for your company. According to Bplans, “Creating a positive work environment will yield far better results for employees and your company.”
A positive work environment is crucial to ensure the success of a franchise. Think about it: word or mouth travels quickly from location to location. The way employees are treated is almost always on the forefront of those traveling conversations, so make sure your employees feel appreciated and respected.
Positive Work Environment Techniques
Creating a positive work atmosphere may sound great, but it requires a little work for the managers and/or owners of the business. It must be done in a way that benefits and satisfies everyone. Implementing the following tips can be tough at first, but once in place, become easy to maintain.
- Clear Communication – Clear communication is key between a boss and his/her employees. It allows employees to clearly understand what you want to accomplish.
- Recognize Hard Work – By acknowledging an employee’s hard work, it could provide more incentive to keep it up!
- Show Your Trust – Its important to show employees that you trust them and their ability to do their work correctly. By micromanaging, you are showing your employees that you don’t trust them. Give them some space and trust that they can do their jobs (and do them well), because they can.
- Offer Up Continued Education – Many people like to learn more and educate themselves as much as possible. By providing your employees with more education opportunities, (specifically work hours), it benefits both the business AND the employee
- Keep Them Fed! – If food can bring people together at home, it can do the same at work. Consider a weekly delivery of a lunchtime meal or fun snacks for your crew. Employees will love it and it encourages workplace bonding as your team noshes together.
- Lead The Way – Since you are the one in charge, everyone looks to you as an example, and that includes your attitude! Your employee’s attitudes reflects yours, so make sure to stay positive.
- Make Meetings Special – Required post-work meetings may not be easy for some employees, so make sure to keep them 90 minutes or less. Additionally, make it a nice event for your employees, consider offering a nice meal that they can eat during or just before the meeting, and perhaps do some fun giveaways with gift cards, electronics, or spa experiences.
An Option To Consider
Here at Physical Therapy Now, we work tenaciously to ensure the happiness of our employees at each one our franchise locations. If you believe you have what it takes to create a great positive work environment, consider becoming a franchisee with Physical Therapy Now. We are always looking for innovative and new ways to make our business better for everyone involved. Call us at (800)-481-4582 or visit us at our website for more information.